Friday, October 28, 2005

Houston Texas

I made a quick trip to Houston this week - in one day and out the next. Every time I visit Houston I am impressed by the shear size of the place and the number of people there. This last week there were more people there than usual. With a significant number of refugees from Hurricane Katrina already in town, last week we added some 5,000 quilters for a quilting conference and untold numbers of baseball fans for the World Series of Baseball. I struggled to find a hotel and ended up staying in less than salubrious accommodations on the southwest side of town.

Fortunately there were no reported incidents of drunken quilters armed with needles attacking unsuspecting baseball fans and, although the Houston Astros lost the World Series to the Chicago White Sox, we at Infostat gained a new customer. Congratulations to the White Sox, once again an American team clinches victory in the World Series of Baseball.

1 comment:

Janet said...

Hi Steve,

As you know, I have a real love-hate relationship with Houston. I love my friends there and miss them like crazy. But I don't miss "Houston" very much. I miss the proximity to the Texas Hill Country...and Austin...and, even though it's a LONG way away, to the Big Bend area. But I don't miss the city of Houston.

But I'll be delighted to go back in January and have a dinner party with friends! Let us know if you think you could be there on Wednesday the 11th -- and come join us!

Janet
(lordcelery.blogspot.com)