Wednesday, November 09, 2005

My ride home...

This evening I was driving home and someone bumped into the back of me (in their car that is). It wasn’t anything too bad, but we both pulled over to the side of the road and got out. It was then that I saw the lady in the offending car was on her cell phone. The accident was apparently so inconsequential to her that she was still carrying on her phone conversation while we were stood outside our cars. I said that perhaps we should exchange information and she stopped talking long enough to give me her driver’s license (I am not sure she should have done that, but she did) and then she just continued on with her phone conversation.

Now I find that amazing on so many levels – that she should be as so impolite as to continue a conversation after being at fault in an accident, however minor, - that she should be so stupid as to let everyone know that she was perhaps not giving her full attention to driving the car at the time of the accident.

On inspection there was no real damage, at least not to my car, and so we continued on our way – me puzzled at what a strange and rude world this is, her probably just wondering who she can call next.

2 comments:

Lori Stewart Weidert said...

I'm dumbfounded.

Janet said...

Steve,

Hope you don't mind, but I've directly linked this article on Lord Celery.

I hardly know what to say. How stupid can some people be? Never ceases to amaze me...

Janet

(lordcelery.blogspot.com)