Wednesday, May 03, 2006

A quiet time...

A quiet time in the old neighbourhood these days. Not much of any interest going on lately and even the neighbours didn’t spice things up with an inflatable rabbit on the roof for Easter.

I did make a trip to Houston the other week. That’s always good. It is nice to see old friends there, but the best thing about visiting Houston, for me at least, is that it makes me so grateful that I don’t live in Houston (I came close to taking up residence there in the 1980s, but I managed to escape). As they say, the sweetest sound in the world is the sound of the door closing as your flight prepares to leave George Bush Intercontinental Airport on its way back to wherever. (OK so I made a lot of friends with that statement I know, but I just never have thought a lot of Houston – sorry.)

I did also go to see David Wilcox in Winters last week too - a very fine performer with some excellent songs. I had known of him for some time (I have his Greatest Hits CD – highly recommended), but had never had the opportunity to see him until last week. He is on a 2 year tour around the US in his Airstream Trailer towed by his bio-diesel truck. I suppose that is being somewhat environmentally sound.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»

Anonymous said...

Hallo I absolutely adore your site. You have beautiful graphics I have ever seen.
»

Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»

Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

Anonymous said...

Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»