Sunday, December 02, 2007

The California International Marathon

It was the 25th running of the California International Marathon in Sacramento on Sunday – and of course I couldn’t resist doing it. The weather conditions were perfect – cool, dry, just a little windy. However, as usual with my recent marathons it was 16 miles of wonderful enjoyable running, about 4 miles of not so great, but not too bad running followed by 6 miles of walking with the occasional bout of really ugly running. At 4 hr 53 mins it was one of my slowest times but I suppose I did eventually finish so it can’t be so bad.

I just need to be smarter and not do these things unless I am ready for them – I should know that by now and I know I have said the same thing before many times. Actually the marathon is not really my distance, I enjoy the halfs or 30Ks much more. Perhaps I will stick to those for a while.

However, don't count on it. I am already registered for the Death Valley Marathon in February - now that should be a good one!

No comments: