Sunday, February 18, 2007

Still here, still running....

Not much new happening lately, so not much to write about I am afraid. This year is the same as last year – I am in the middle of training for the Way Too Cool 50 K in early March. I know I vowed never to run any ultras again, but 50 K is only just an ultra so I thought I would have another try.

However, yesterday's training run made me question what on earth I am up to. It was a 22 mile run from the cemetery on Sliger Mine Road down to Rucky Chuck and then back on the Western States trail to Auburn. Everything went well until mile 17 or 18 and then it all fell apart. There are good days and not so good days, and the last 4 or so miles yesterday were just really nasty. It's probably something to do with not drinking enough, or not eating enough or not eating the right stuff anyway.

Sliger Mine Road, by the way, offers a wonderful view of the American River Canyon. One of the nicest vistas around that area.

No comments: