Friday, December 02, 2005

It's begining to look a lot like Christmas..

As predicted, after the Thanksgiving weekend, the inflatable turkey on the roof of the house across the street was removed and replaced with a Santa on his sleigh complete with reindeer.

Then the next day it got better with the arrival of an inflatable globe containing various Christmas characters in the front yard. The amazing thing about this device was that it somehow has it's own little snowstorm going on inside the globe - snowflakes are somehow being circulated around the globe.

But that was not all, a couple of days later, a trio of snowmen appeared on the front lawn.

It's just all too weird for me, though I must admit I feel a bit Scrooge-like for poking fun at it. Thank goodness this is the only house on the street that is resorting to this kind of tacky display.

2 comments:

Lee said...

They say recognition is the first step towards healing....

Janet said...

Oh dear...the reality is even worse than I expected! I feel a little bad about how much I'm laughing!

Thanks for the neighborhood update, Steve!

Janet
(lordcelery.blogspot.com)