Friday, November 17, 2006

Off to Patagonia...

Tomorrow I am off on a hastily arranged trip to Patagonia. I have always been in awe of the granite spires of the Torres Del Paine so, if all goes well, next week I will be hiking around the base of them. Nothing technical, just gentle hiking (I hope). Then after 9 days in Southern Chile I am heading off into the Northern part and the Atacama Desert. I am not sure what I will find in that area, nothing quite as dramatic as the Torres Del Paine I am sure, but there’s something about the name that has had some allure for me since my grammar school geography lessons. We will find out if there was anything to be allured about in a couple of weeks time.

If I get near a computer in the next couple of weeks I will try and post something - if not I will catch up when I return.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Steve, So glad you have a blog so I can keep up with you. Hope you're having a great trip. See you when you get home. Becky