Wednesday, December 13, 2006

More Chile Trip Photos

I decided to post the photographs of my recent Chile trip to a SmugMug site. It seems to be a reasonable means of sharing photos with friends without having to have them log on or create accounts so I will give it a try for a while.

However, one of the problems with digital photography and large memory cards is that you can end up taking so many pictures of more or less the same thing in the hope that at least one will turn out to be really good and worth saving. Of course, that’s exactly what I did – armed with a 2 GB card I was never in danger of filling it up and as a result, when I got home, I had lots of different shots of the same mountain range from every possible angle and a dozen shots from the funicular railway in Valparaiso, not to mention the desert landscapes – way too many brown rocks.

So if you just want the highlights of the trip you can visit the Best Of Chile Vacation gallery, if you have more time to kill, or if you were on the the Torres Del Paine hike, you can visit the Patagonia gallery. If you want to see everything from the Atacama Desert trip then there is the San Pedro de Atacama gallery and if you want to see what Valparaiso is like go here.

1 comment:

Janet said...

Hi Steve!

Absolutely wonderful photos and travelog -- John and I have both enjoyed them so much! Lucky you. What a fabulous trip!

And I see you're also now publishing on Smugmug. We love it -- hope you like it as well.

Take care....and MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Janet