Sunday, December 17, 2006

A very happy Christmas to all....

Well it is Christmas time again and the very best of Christmas wishes to one and all. In my Christmas Card again this year I said – no Christmas letter, just go here to my blog, if you want to catch up on what I have been doing. Well that is perhaps not a reasonable thing to do – there is a lot of stuff here for the past year, most of it pretty trivial and meaningless stuff and I couldn’t expect anyone to wade through it all. So, just in case you followed the instructions in the Christmas Card and ended up here – here is the abridged version.

Too much running – I ran the 50 Km Way Too Cool run in March, then the American River 50 Miler in April, and then because a marathon seems like a lot less than a 50 mile run, I ran the Stockholm Marathon in June (its still 26 miles and when the guy on crutches passed me at mile 24, I realized I need to train more for these things). There was a fairly quiet summer with a little bit of hiking thrown in and a visit from my mother, who at 87 made another trip across the Atlantic. Finally, to finish the year, there was a vacation in Chile (the highlight of the year) and now its Christmas. Oh and did I mention work – there was a lot of that, while so many of you out there seem to be retiring already you lucky lot.

That’s it -my 2006 in a nutshell. I hope you all have a great Christmas and I wish you the best for 2007.

No comments: