Tuesday, July 29, 2008

A Drive By Doughnutting

So I was out this morning for an early morning run with my friends Dianne and Cyndy. We were over in rural West Sacramento a place where we hardly ever see any traffic at that time of morning (06:00 am).

This morning, however, a car came by us and the back seat window rolls down and this young kid threw this doughnut at me. I took it full on the chest and was, I must admit, a little surprised. It's not every day someone throws food at you when you are running through the fields. I was so flabbergasted, I turned and angrily gesticulated, but as, I expect, with all expat Brits - I was confused as to whether I should give the two fingered British gesture or the single fingered American gesture and I ended up giving a half-hearted wave as the car sped away.

I am glad to say no harm was done - it was one of those maple sugar rolls with considerable heft to it, but a bit spongy so I wasn't harmed - thank goodness it wasn't a currant scone or a bagel - that could have been nasty.

No comments: