Friday, July 07, 2006

An Inconvenient Truth

I finally got around to seeing Al Gore’s film on global warming – An Inconvenient Truth. It is definitely a worthwhile film that seems to get the facts right and presents them in a reasonably accessible format. But, I was a little surprised with the how much it was about Al himself. After all the fuss about him inventing the Internet, it almost seemed like he was responsible for recognizing global warming. I would have preferred it to be a bit more focused on global warming theory, and a little less about Al. But perhaps, this movie is as much about Al reinventing and repositioning himself for another run in the political arena (I would vote for him).

1 comment:

Janet said...

Thanks for the review, Steve. We'll try to see it.

Both you & my brother have mentioned Gore to me recently. Interesting. Maybe others will start taking him and his ideas more seriously now...???

Janet

(lordcelery.blogspot.com)