Monday, July 17, 2006

More Sierra Flowers

Another hike up in the Sierras this weekend. This time to Thunder Mountain which lies above Kirkwood Meadows (the ski resort), and where, again, the flowers were just wonderful. I think I could quite get into this flower indentification thing. Allison, who hiked with us, knows quite a bit about such things and she was eductating me on the way. My problem, of course, is remembering these things from one week to the next, not to mention from one season to the next.

Here is the view from the top of Thunder Mountain looking south.


Here are Mike, Brian, and Allison languishing in the afternoon sun (where is Paul?).


And here, as I stop and smell the roses along the way, are some of the wildflowers we encountered.




Wallflower


Forget Me Not


Sierra Primrose

No comments: