Thursday, March 24, 2005

My political compass

There is an interesting site called Political Compass that attempts to figure out where you lie in the political world on an economic scale (left wing - right wing) and a social scale (authoritarian - libertarian). You answer a series of questions and they place you on a tw0-dimensional matrix along with other notable and notorious figures like Gandhi, Margaret Thatcher and Hitler.

It is quite interesting and well worth the time to take the test. While answering the questions I became aware of how conservative I had grown in these past years. I was worried that I might be a soul-mate of Margaret Thatcher. However, thankfully I turned out to be just a little ouside of Gandhi and the Dalai Lama (Economic -7.13 and Social -4.82) so all is not lost and at least I am in good company.

No comments: