Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Oklahoma City

I just returned from a couple of days in Oklahoma City. It is an interesting place, but not one of my all time favorite cities. It just happens to be the home of our largest customer so I get to go there from time to time. I have always said that you can make the best of a place and find good things in any city. It just seems that in Oklahoma City you justhave to dig a little deeper to find the good stuff. It was a successful visit however, and I did get to have breakfast with Heather, an old friend from Sacramento, who works as a social worker in the Veterans Administration Hospital. Every time I am around someone in a profession like Heather's I am reminded what a sheltered life I lead. I just brush shoulders with a few fellow techies - not quite a broad spectrum of society, not the kind of people you find walking the halls of the Veteran's Administration Hospital in Oklahoma City.

No comments: