Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Music Lessons

I have been taking guitar lessons for almost 2 years now. Half an hour, every week with Doug Pauly, a fine musician and an all around good guy. It would be fine but the playing is not getting a lot better, I am not naturally gifted in this area and everything comes very, very slowly and goes away very, very quickly. If a song doesn’t get practiced for a while then it’s gone.

So I was thinking of throwing it all in, stopping the lessons and just staying with what I have got up to this point. But then I decided to give it another try. I think there is evidence that playing a musical instrument might help stave off the ravages of senile dementia. Its just like my mum doing crosswords, it keeps the mind active. So for the foreseeable future or until I become too absent minded to remember anything I will stick with it.

No comments: