Monday, June 13, 2005

Alaska Road Trip - Day 1

I did get out of Sacramento on Friday, and I am really on my way to Alaska. All was smooth sailing up the valley until just north of Redding the skies opened and we had a torrential thunder storm. So that left me sitting under a freeway bridge watching the rain come down and wondering how on earth I was going to get out of State never mind up to Alaska.

After half an hour or so of futile waiting, I geared up with the waterproof clothing and set off. It actually wasn't that bad and the rain eased off some. For the rest of the day it was rain showers as I cruised past Mt Shasta (with its head in the clouds), Ashland, Grant's Pass, and on to Eugene. Actually I ended up in Albany as all the hotels in Ashland were sold out (University graduation!). A respectable 535 miles on the first day out.

No comments: