Monday, June 27, 2005

Alaska Trip Statistics

Just in case this is of interest to anyone (and I don't know why it really would be) but here are some mileage and gasoline consumption statistics from my recent road trip to Alaska.

I rode a total of 4,981 miles, using 121 US gallons of gasoline (that would be Premium gasoline, being a BMW, the bike likes only the most expensive of gasolines!). So the average consumption rate was only 41.2 mpg. That's not as good as I would have expected. The cheapest gas was $2.32 per gallon in Springfield, Oregon. Canadian gas was, of course, more expensive with the most expensive being the equivalent of $3.53 per gallon in Ft Nelson, British Columbia. The most expensive gas in the USA was $2.86 per gallon in Mt Shasta City, California.

I am surprised that I even have this kind of information but I started logging it and kept up with it over the whole trip. Maintaining and analysing this kind of information is a bit sad really, there were so many wonderful things about the trip and here I am blathering on about gasoline usage! So sad.

Anyway, I hope you liked the trip log, as my friend Lee said - paraphrasing Michael Palin - "traveling to Alaska by motorbike, in the rain, so you don't have to!"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

When are you returning Steve. The white mountain trip seems to be at the end of August, to accomodate George, Mike et.al Memorial day. Hope it suits you. Jeanee wants to have us and you over for dinner soon. Hope your mum is ok? Brian

Anonymous said...

Dear Steve White,

I perused your post (Alaska Trip Statistics) with much interest as I was looking for ways to buy and sell construction highway illinois state. Unfortunately your article was not exactly what I was looking for
construction highway illinois state. But luckily there is a site I have found that allows you to buy and sell anything like construction highway illinois state on interest free credit and you can pay for your construction highway illinois state whenever you want. Here's the link one more time: construction highway illinois state.

Anonymous said...

Dear Steve White,

I perused your post (Alaska Trip Statistics) with much interest as I was looking for ways to buy and sell california road construction. Unfortunately your article was not exactly what I was looking for
california road construction. But luckily there is a site I have found that allows you to buy and sell anything like california road construction on interest free credit and you can pay for your california road construction whenever you want. Here's the link one more time: california road construction.